We’re all on a mission!!
Since the early 1990's Bigfoot Adventures has operated a complete expedition service for all levels of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. We organise and train practice and qualifying ventures throughout Scotland and actively encourage our groups to operate in remote and lesser known areas. This reduces the environmental impact on the more popular areas whilst increasing the overall sense of adventure and challenge.
As a D of E approved provider we work exclusively with the staff and pupils of Robert Gordon’s College and St Margaret’s school for girls. If you’re not from either of these organisations and a bit lost within the expedition section of the award, don’t despair, as advice and guidance costs nothing.
Instructional staff are qualified Mountain Leaders, Canoeists and hold many other outdoor qualifications. Our instructors have years of experience working with young people on the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and follow the Bigfoot mantra of Safety, Enjoyment and Learning.
- Bigfoot Adventures Ltd holds a 3 year Adventurous Activity Licence, number L12211/R0073 issued by the Health and Safety Executive.
- In keeping with this licence we hold a combined liability insurance policy, operate a robust safety system and ensure all staff are disclosed and experienced for working with young people.
- We are an Approved Activity provider with the Duke of Edinburghs award.
- Staff hold the relevant national governing body qualification for the activity that they lead.
- We ensure our equipment is of the highest standard and that we adopt current industry standards and best practice at all times.